Thursday, December 18, 2014

4 Weeks


December 17, 2014



Today I am 4 weeks. I am very excited and so ready for the next 36 weeks of my life and my growing babies life. I had my first doctors visit today. I had my pap smear done, vitals, first blood draw, started prometrium (progesterone 200 mg daily). My due date is Wednesday, August 26, 2015. I will have a repeat c-section probably around Monday, August 24, 2015.

Today's Symptoms -


  • Bloating 
  • Fatigue 
  • Headache 
  • Heartburn 
  • Increased Thirst 
  • Nausea 
  • Stuffy Nose 
  • Tender Breast 


Today I feel -


  • Happy 
  • Joyful 
  • Excited 



What's happening this week -


  • Today little bean if officially an embryo. 
  • Now until 10 weeks all of bean's organs will begin to develop and some will begin to function 
  • Bean is most vulnerable to anything that could interfere with development at this time 
  • Bean is the size of a poppy seed  
  • Bean currently consist of two layers; the epiblast and the hypoblast, from which all of his/her organs and body parts with develop 
  • The amniotic sac and the amniotic fluid are both present now and will house the baby as it grows 
  • The yolk sac is also present and it will produce bean's red blood cells and help deliver nutrients to him/her until the placenta is fully developed 



Other High Points -


  • 100 oz daily 
  • No frequent urination (yet!) 
  • Nausea daily but no vomiting (fingers crossed it stays this way)
  • 1 finger stick - Iron levels 13.6 (great!) 
  • 2 blood draws 
  • 1 pap smear 
  • BP 150/86 (higher than normal but chalked up to nerves of first OB visit) 
  • 2 Positive HPT's 
  • 1 Positive UPT at doctor's office 
  • 9 Names on our list 
  • 200 MG of Prometrium Started Today until end of 1st trimester 
  • 1 bottle of Sprite drank (Only drink besides water & milk) 
  • 3 weeks until ultrasound 



Baby Bean is the size of a poppy seed. So teeny tiny but praying he/she grows into a big watermelon.



No comments:

Post a Comment